rescue disk problems
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmclarke

USA
26 Posts

Posted - April 03 2009 :  10:27:33  Show Profile
Hello. I'm a new Macrium Reflect user (after an Acronis restore failure which left me with a massive restore chore and an abrupt loss of confidence)

My current problem is that I had another hard drive crash (new Seagate 1T abruptly died) and I've already used up my single Windows PE rescue disk option. Furthermore the site to buy another one for $8 won't work. So I'm trying the Bart PE. But I'm having troubles figuring out where to put the macrium plugin in the Bart before burning the CD.
Any advice appreciated.

Jack

SteveB

United Kingdom
372 Posts

Posted - April 03 2009 :  11:12:59  Show Profile
Hi

BartPE is a freely available preinstallation environment for 32-bit Windows XP or Server 2003.
If you're working with 64-bit Windows, Windows Vista or Server 2008 then you'll need the full version of Macrium Reflect which includes paid-for licensing for Windows PE 2.0. The Windows PE 2.0 environment includes RAID support.
See
http://www.macrium.com/blog/2008/09/22/HowToCreateABartPERescueCDForMacriumReflect.aspx
We will investigate your report of not being able to purchase another license for Windows PE 2.0.

Hope this helps

Steve - Macrium Support
Go to Top of Page

Nick

United Kingdom
6105 Posts

Posted - April 03 2009 :  11:39:22  Show Profile
Hi Jack

The purchase link for Windows PE 2.0 should be OK now.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Go to Top of Page

jmclarke

USA
26 Posts

Posted - April 04 2009 :  11:43:18  Show Profile
Thanks to Nick and Steve. I already am partly way through the BART PE creation, so I will peruse the link to the instructions. Looks helpful. I'll report back.
I'll also purchase the Windows PE download and keep it. I got confused with the original rescue disk creation and chose "immediately burn CD" instead of saving the file.

With appreciation.

Jack
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Macrium Support Forum © Paramount Software UK Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000