Macrium Support Forum

This forum is for Version 5 of Macrium Reflect.
Version 6 users should join our new forum here.

Version 5 support expired on 17 February 2016.

Find out more
Macrium Support Forum
Macrium Support Forum    RSS 2.0  RSS Feed      KB
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Reflect v5
 Community
 Free upgrade to v6 clarification
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

James Ferriter
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - January 07 2015 :  03:04:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to this blog post,
http://blog.macrium.com/2015/01/welcome-to-2015/
The release date for v6 is just around the corner.

According to this blog post on Nov. 17, 2014,
http://blog.macrium.com/2014/11/full-steam-ahead/
All purchases after that date should qualify for the free upgrade to v6 when it is released.

I own three v5 pro licenses, and am looking at purchasing more. Additionally, I have recommended this software to several of my co-workers and clients, some of which are ready to make purchases at this time. Several clients had installed the 30 trial pending purchase approval.

I find no information regarding this free upgrade policy on the main website.

Will it be for all versions (Standard, Pro, Server, etc.)?

If a purchase is made today, how will the free upgrade process work?

If v5 is purchased, and a free upgrade to v6 is provided, will both v5 and v6 serial numbers have to be entered during install? (This is done by some other software vendors, and it is really a pain to keep up with two or more serial numbers for upgrade software installs.)
Personally, if I have to enter two serials numbers to install the "free" upgrade to v6, I'll wait to make my purchases until v6 is released, even if the price increases, so that only one serial number is required.

I really love this software, and can't wait to see v6.

I have recommended this software to every person and small business I do work for or talk with about backup functions, and ALL OF THEM that have made purchases continue to have reliable backups being made without issue.

Please keep up the great work that this product represents.

James

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!
What I tell my customers:
Whatever the problem is, we can fix it.

Edited by - James Ferriter on January 07 2015 03:09:18

StephenG

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - January 07 2015 :  12:36:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi James,

Thanks for posting and thank you for your feedback.

V6 will soon be available and if you have purchased after the date of the blog post you will qualify for a free upgrade.

You will be provided with an upgrade license key that will have to be entered in order to upgrade Reflect v5 but once this has been done you will only require a single license key per product when installing in the future.

Kind regards

Stephen - Macrium Support
Go to Top of Page

AndrewK
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - January 21 2015 :  03:43:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StephenG

Hi James,

Thanks for posting and thank you for your feedback.

V6 will soon be available and if you have purchased after the date of the blog post you will qualify for a free upgrade.

You will be provided with an upgrade license key that will have to be entered in order to upgrade Reflect v5 but once this has been done you will only require a single license key per product when installing in the future.

Kind regards

Stephen - Macrium Support

Whew!! That was a relief. I just convinced my boss to buy USD $1200 of your software today. If I had to go back and ask for more money soon for the upgrade to v6, that would not look good for me. Thanks for offering a free upgrade.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Macrium Support Forum © Paramount Software UK Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000