Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dennis Jackson
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - April 14 2009 :  18:14:22  Show Profile
Yesterday I installed Macrium Reflect Free 2.4.2055, experienced a validation issue with created images (subject of another post in another section), deinstalled 2055, installed 2033 Free and successfully overcame the validation issue. To do some suggested research/troubleshooting, I deinstalled 2033 and attempted to reinstall 2055. I'm receiving a fatal error message during the install "The cabinet file _87DBB750FB01C590DCEEC6902EDF80FC required for installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CDROM, or a problem with the package." I've tried to download 2055 and run directly from the download, tried to download and save 2055, then run from the saved file, and even tried to reinstall 2033 from a saved copy - getting the same results/error message for each attempt. Any ideas what is occuring during the install process?

SteveB

United Kingdom
372 Posts

Posted - April 14 2009 :  18:47:06  Show Profile
Hi

Antivirus software can corrupt downloads. Please disable any antivirus software you may have running before you download and install v4.2.2055.
Hope this helps

Steve - Macrium Support
Go to Top of Page

Dennis Jackson
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - April 14 2009 :  20:17:26  Show Profile
Steve - your suggestion to disable the antivirus software worked. The download/install for 2055 worked the day before yesterday with the antivirus software up and running. Additionally, I have a saved copy of 2033 which I loaded directly from a USB drive with the antivirus software running - that installation also executed cleanly yesterday, but failed today (same error message). Go figure! Thanks, though - I'll remember this when doing a clean install or updating Macrium Reflect in the future...now to see why 2055 is giving me an image verification problem whereas 2033 is not (another post in another area).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Macrium Support Forum © Paramount Software UK Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000