Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gterrign
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - October 30 2009 :  16:26:35  Show Profile
Hi, I have Windows Server 2008 Standard 64 bit. I'm trying to install the windows PE boot option but it tells me that my D: drive does not have enough capacity. Is there any other way around this. I can't enlarge the d: partition.

Also, is the wondows PE boot option going to allow me to recover a partition I have saved to another external hard drive onto a newly initialized raid-1 volume? (i.e., the raid volume will have been freshly formatted and thus win 2008 server o/s will not be installed on it. Can WINDOWS PE boot option allow me to point to my external drive with the backed up image partitions and allow me to recover these onto a formatted raid volume?

Thanks very much

Nick

United Kingdom
6151 Posts

Posted - October 30 2009 :  16:43:55  Show Profile
Hi

The Windows PE software is installed on the Active partition and needs about 130MB of free space. Is it possible to free up that amount?

Windows PE will be able to access your RAID volume and you can restore an image to it. However, if you are restoring a windows O/S to the RAID volume it probably won't boot unless the appropriate RAID controller drivers have already been installed in the O/S.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Macrium Support Forum © Paramount Software UK Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000