Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hilohi
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - April 29 2011 :  21:21:21  Show Profile
A backup image verified ok when it was created. I need to restore files but the "explore image" option indicates that the file is corrupt. "Verify image" also indicates a corrupt file. Backups are duplicated to an off site location. That backup file is also corrupt. Is there a method of recovering corrupt files and salvaging data? The backup is password protected, which will probably complicate matters.

Nick

United Kingdom
5999 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  09:47:59  Show Profile
Hi

Thanks for your post. Sorry you are having problems.

If an image file is corrupted after successful creation and verification then it has been compromised by another process or the file system itself is has become corrupt.

It's normally possible to mount a corrupt image unless the index at the back is missing or corrupt. The password won't affect this.

If this is not possible then you can try DiskRestore to restore the image. DiskRestore provides an option to ignore corruption when detected. Take the 'File' > 'DiskRestore' menu option in Windows PE.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Go to Top of Page

Hilohi
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  03:06:12  Show Profile
Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. Using Reflect PE Edition Version 2.1, Build 3141; Disk Restore doesn't recognize the image file and there is no option to ignore corruption. Perhaps that option is available later, if the file partially loads.

Are there any other options for recovering the data?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

john.p

844 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  09:04:45  Show Profile
Hi,

Do you receive a file corrupt error on choosing your image file using diskRestore? If so, then unfortunately there are no other options for recovering your data.

Kind Regards
John - Macrium Support
Go to Top of Page

Hilohi
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  20:50:42  Show Profile
No, I do not receive a corrupt file error when using Disk restore. Disk Restore simply doesn't recognize the image file; it ignores the file. It is the "explore image" option that states that the file is corrupt.
Go to Top of Page

d3vlabs

USA
18 Posts

Posted - June 25 2011 :  21:09:29  Show Profile
i got one of those as well. Windows Explorer tells me the file is corrupt and the Macrium Reflect Restore Image tools wont recognize file.

Go to Top of Page

Nick

United Kingdom
5999 Posts

Posted - June 27 2011 :  16:17:23  Show Profile
Hi

quote:
i got one of those as well. Windows Explorer tells me the file is corrupt and the Macrium Reflect Restore Image tools wont recognize file.

This is because the back of the file is missing and therefore the file cannot be opened. The most likely cause is av software preventing the index being written. Please make sure you add 'Reflect.exe' to your av software 'white-list' or 'trusted zone'.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Macrium Support Forum © Paramount Software UK Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000