New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eadamy
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - October 26 2011 :  14:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First, I want to compliment Macrium on the quality of the software, help, tutorials, and forum. I tried ShadowProtect and Acronis 12 before landing on Reflect and I'm very happy.

I'm getting ready to do a bare metal restore to replace a failing hard drive on my laptop.

1) Reflect shows that the disk drive on the laptop has 3 partitions: 47MB 16-bit FAT, 230 GB NTFS, and 3GB FAT32(LBA). When I start with a bare metal drive, does Reflect automatically partition and format the drive as part of the image restore or do I need to do that first?

2) Assuming the drive is big enough to accommodate the used space in each partition, how does Reflect handle restoring to a smaller or larger bare metal drive?

And a suggestion:

I loaded my first differential backup, which also loaded the original full backup, to run Verify. After starting Verify, I moved on to do other work; however I was unable to minimize the Verify image task. When I minimized it using the system tool to minimize everything on the desktop, it returned as soon as I restored any other task. There should be a way to minimize the Verify task.

Merlin
Advanced Member

796 Posts

Posted - October 26 2011 :  14:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't need to partition/format the drive before restoring it.
The partitions can be resized during the restore.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Macrium Support Forum © Paramount Software UK Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000