Macrium Support Forum

This forum is for Version 5 of Macrium Reflect.
Version 6 users should join our new forum here.

Version 5 support expired on 17 February 2016.

Find out more
Macrium Support Forum
Macrium Support Forum    RSS 2.0  RSS Feed      KB
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Reflect v5
 Rescue CD
 Can't see NAS drive within WinPE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NefCanuck
Starting Member

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - July 17 2012 :  05:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I searched the forums and have tried the solutions suggested but none of them quite fit my issue.

I have my backups being sent to a NAS drive (Synology 411j) that is wired to the PC. I can ping the drive at the command prompt within the WinPE environment via USB stick without issue, however I am getting "access denied" whenever I attempt to map the folder for access.

Am I missing a step to input the network credentials somewhere or do I have to change a setting within the software of the Synology NAS box itself?

I'm looking at a system upgrade within a week and will being doing a bare metal restore so I need to resolve this issue. I am currently using v5 build 4694.

Thank you

NefCanuck

The best backup is a VERIFIED backup

M.Castaldo

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - July 17 2012 :  09:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thanks for posting.

It sounds like a permissions issue on the NAS. Can you check to see what the permissions are set to and maybe allow everyone access just to see if this resolves the issue.

Kind Regards,

Martin - Macrium Support
Go to Top of Page

NefCanuck
Starting Member

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - July 18 2012 :  01:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by M.Castaldo

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

It sounds like a permissions issue on the NAS. Can you check to see what the permissions are set to and maybe allow everyone access just to see if this resolves the issue.

Kind Regards,

Martin - Macrium Support

Does the WinPE environment support the "net use" command? It seems like that is what I need to get access to the folder on the NAS because it allows for the use of passwords.

Go to Top of Page

M.Castaldo

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - July 18 2012 :  09:18:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thanks for posting back.

Yes 'net use' can be used. You can also map the folder as a share on within WindowsPE explorer have you done this at all? That should prompt you for a username and password.

Kind Regards,

Martin - Macrium Support
Go to Top of Page

NefCanuck
Starting Member

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - July 20 2012 :  05:16:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, managed to get things working using the "net use" command, the syntax of that command reminds me way too much of the "bad old days" of the DOS 2.0 command line interface though

I also had poked around the WindowsPE environment provided, I couldn't see anything like you describe and I couldn't find information in the provided help files (and I tried)

But I have it working (and wrote down the *exact* command so that I can repeat it when I get ready to do the "bare metal restore" to my new rig (going from a 2.4 Ghz Core2Quad to an i7-3770 system)

NefCanuck

quote:
Originally posted by M.Castaldo

Hi,

Thanks for posting back.

Yes 'net use' can be used. You can also map the folder as a share on within WindowsPE explorer have you done this at all? That should prompt you for a username and password.

Kind Regards,

Martin - Macrium Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Macrium Support Forum © Paramount Software UK Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000