Macrium Support Forum

This forum is for Version 5 of Macrium Reflect.
Version 6 users should join our new forum here.

Version 5 support expired on 17 February 2016.

Find out more
Macrium Support Forum
Macrium Support Forum    RSS 2.0  RSS Feed      KB
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 Reflect v4
 Disk Imaging
 How to configure email?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LeaUK

42 Posts

Posted - December 23 2008 :  10:52:37  Show Profile
I've located the email configuration settings, but where do I enter the password for the SMTP server's email account?

Thanks
Lea

Nick

United Kingdom
6303 Posts

Posted - December 23 2008 :  11:27:25  Show Profile
Hi

If you are using your ISP's SMTP server then you generally don't need authentication. However, if you need to authenticate you'll have to modify the VBScript to enter the username and password.

Before the line:
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Update

Insert the following lines:
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate")=1
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername")="username"
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword")="password"

you can add non-standard SMTP ports with this line:
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport")=25

Note: smtpauthenticate can be 0 - No Authentication, 1 - Basic Authentication or 2 - NTLM authentication (Secure Password Authentication)

Before you ask, we are going to make this part of the email options dialog

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Go to Top of Page

LeaUK

42 Posts

Posted - December 23 2008 :  11:37:44  Show Profile
Hi Nick

Thanks, I run my own ISP web/mail hosting so our mail servers need authentication ;)

quote:
Before you ask, we are going to make this part of the email options dialog
- LOL.... OK, OK, beat me to it.

I'm going to ask a silly question now - where is the mail vb file located..? Can't find anything in C:\Program Files\Macrium or profile...

Lea

Edited by - LeaUK on December 23 2008 12:11:33
Go to Top of Page

Nick

United Kingdom
6303 Posts

Posted - December 23 2008 :  11:51:21  Show Profile
Hi
quote:
I'm going to ask a silly question now - where is the mail vb file located..? Can't find anything in C:\Program Files\Macrium or profile...

You create it. Right click on the XML file you want to generate email notifications for and select 'Generate a VBScript file'. Select the relevant Email notification options and click 'OK'. You can then edit the file by clicking on the 'VBScript' tab and selecting the newly created .vbs file to edit.

http://www.macrium.com/blog/2008/06/10/HowToUseVBScriptWithMacriumReflect.aspx

Hope this helps

Nick - Macrium Support

Go to Top of Page

LeaUK

42 Posts

Posted - December 23 2008 :  12:23:05  Show Profile
Hi Nick

I would have expected that upon an error the xml backup function would call the vb script to send the email, but reviewing the code it appears that I need to schedule the vb script itself, which calls Macrium with the appropriate xml file and subsequently calls email stuff.

So remove the previous scheduled tasks and replace by scheduling the new vb code?

I see that the blog article follows this approach..is this correct?

Many thanks
Lea
Go to Top of Page

Nick

United Kingdom
6303 Posts

Posted - December 23 2008 :  12:33:12  Show Profile
quote:
I see that the blog article follows this approach..is this correct?

Yes that's correct. Running the VBscript this way gives you *complete* control to perform any task before or after the backup is run.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Go to Top of Page

LeaUK

42 Posts

Posted - December 23 2008 :  12:45:03  Show Profile
Thanks Nick

Great support - especially so close to holiday season!

:)
Go to Top of Page

RegisIT

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - March 23 2009 :  09:36:05  Show Profile
Hi

I've had a problem with mail authentication to an Exchange 2003 server. I've established that the CDO object is sending an initial HELO instead of EHLO. Exchange seems to require EHLO before accepting an AUTH LOGIN. Thus it's not possible to authenticate to Exchange and without authentication, Exchange won't allow relay. I got around this initially by explicitly allowing relay from the hosted server IP address, but this it not very secure. So I'm now using the inbuilt server 2003 virtual SMTP server instead (which is probably how I should have done it in the first place!).

But if anyone knows how to get CDO to send EHLO instead of HELO when authentication is required, I sure would like to know!

Adam Lavery, Regis IT Ltd.

Edited by - RegisIT on March 23 2009 09:38:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Macrium Support Forum © Paramount Software UK Ltd Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000